Being a part of the Marine Corps family can be tough for some but above all for me it is an honor.
One great thing about being in this journey within the "World's Finest", is that I have an opportunity to meet all types of people.
Thus far I have actually learned something about myself through meeting other spouses within the Marine Corps. I have come to the conclusion that I do, as always, have to be squared away at all times and be respectful to everyone at all times. Especially to other families aboard or within our current duty station.
However, I do not have to pretend to like anyone or worry about making friends. My top priority is my family and our current duty stations "Family Readiness". I am always open to making and keeping friends but I do not feel required to be friends with everyone, especially when they are simply just not a person that I want in my life in that way.
So here is a quick lesson to learn in being a USMC spouse:
Always have yourself, your children, and your Marine squared away.
Always have yourself and children (your Marine should already know) dressed in appropriate civilian attire.
Always be respectful of others. You never know if that women your getting an attitude with at the MCX is the friend or family member of your Marine's CO.
If you live on base take care of you home and know your very lucky to live on base.
Be a descent neighbor.
If you know nothing about the Marine Corps (rank structure, MOS's, Marine lingo, customs, traditions, and etc.) make an effort to learn and stop making excuses.
It doesn't matter how long you have been married to your Marine, stop making excuses and attend a L.I.N.K.S class. You will learn so much and you will be glad you went.
Get involved in the community.
Do not change who you are to impress others.
Stay focused on your family and do not cause problems for other families.
Volunteer when you have time.
Do not worry about making tons of friends at every duty station. Friendship is very important and shouldn't be wasted on people who do not deserve to be your friend. In the journey of life you will meet so many people but it's the people who are really there for you that matter.
Do not disgrace the Marine Corps. Off the top of my head I can name a few people who have no idea what it means to be a part of the Marine Corps family and have no idea if they are married to one of "the few" or just "one of the many".
MAKE AN EFFORT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment