Monday, February 15, 2010

Intro to TOT SCHOOL...

So over the weekend I began reading a new blog http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/ and it introduced me to the idea of "Tot School". On the blog this former teacher, mother, and now home schooler shares her idea of "Tot School". Which is just ideas on teaching your "tot" {toddler/child}. You can use her ideas or come up with your own. This blog ispired me to create my own Tot School for my two children.

So today was intro to "tot school" and really not much changed from and average day in the Carlson home, which, was awesome.

I themed the day with "ABC's"

Brycen had a session with blocks {that have different colors and letters} and we read Dr.Seuss's "ABC's an Amazing Alphabet Book". Brycen also colored for quite a bit today, which, was great.

Hunter had a tummy time session like always and for him {Brycen listened to} I read "Baby Baby Bear What do you See".  Hunter also enjoyed fine tuning his motor skills with a new toy.

Like everyday they both had special bonding time with daddy!

Our version of "tot school"  is great...especially since we recently created a arts and craft area for the kiddos.

I think every parent needs to encourage learning and devlopement with their child/children. This is the age where they are so eager to learn and please you. We give Brycen and Hunter praise for every little wonderful thing they do. What seems tiny to an adult is often a huge struggle and when completed a huge success for a child. Like when Brycen says a new word or when Hunter holds himself up.

I am very excited to have another creative way to spend the days helping my babies learn and develop.






























No comments:

Post a Comment