Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our happy hearts day...

So our wonderful valentine's day started with heart pancakes of course {Hunter enjoyed pears & pineapple} and then the kiddos needed a bath...a red bath {for hearts day}. I just added a little food coloring to each of their baths. Brycen loved it.


Of course Brycen had a heart peanut butter sandwich. Brycen and Hunter got to play with red balloons and Brycen colored valentine's day themed pages and colored on her chalk board for the first time {she loved it}. Hunter stamped his little cute adorable footprints on canvas and Brycen tried to do her handprints but her curious little mind got the best of her {she loved how the paint felt on her hands}. The canvas art was done as decoration for the kids new arts and craft area {which Brycen adores}.

We exchanged valentines and ended the night reading to the kids. We read..."You Are My I Love You", "Mama How Long Will You Love Me?" and "Panda Kisses". The kids love being read to and I of course had to read "love" type books for today.

All in all we had a wonderful valentine's day. It was Hunter's first. He has been having a lot of those lately..."firsts". I just want to keep every little bit of them little.

I really try to make each day wonderful and memorable for my lovelies because these days and years are going to go by so quickly. It makes me so sad.

Now looking forward...next year we will be sending valentine's to daddy in Afghanistan. Never mind I don't want to look forward...I just want to stay in the here and now and enjoy every moment with my family and dwell in the blessing that is every day with Derek, Brycen and Hunter...my lovelies.

Again, Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment